Hospitality

>> Saturday, July 4, 2009

Today I experienced hospitality from all sides. This morning Dave and I checked out the Wesley Hill Market, where we just blended in with the crowd and watched community at its heart…which I really liked, we also got some Harcourt honey which was nice as.


This afternoon Mum and Dad came up to visit and because Dad kept asking my what I had been baking for them, I spent most of Friday night making some slices….well two slices a lemon slice and a rocky road hedge hog, so that they were ready to go Saturday afternoon. And even though my house was tidy, I had food ready and the kettle was on, I was really nervous about mum and dad coming up. I don’t really know why, but I was desperate for them to be impressed with how I was doing in Castlemaine…and I think that they were. Apart from the fact that my slice had more carbs in it than Dad had eaten in 5 years everything went off without a hitch.

Tonight the four of us headed out to the nicest restaurant in town the Empyre. Unfortunately for Dad though Mum, Dave and I being as uncultured as we are couldn’t decipher the menu, so once dad translated we picked out meals and enjoyed a delicious meal, complete with holy goat cheese and ox cheek. But check out how awesome the dessert looked!

Over all though, the day was really nice. It was nice to be in Castlemaine on the weekend and it was extra nice to share it with Mum, Dad and Dave. I enjoyed showing of my town and my slice, so thanks mum, dad and dave for such a lovely satuday.

I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

1 comments:

Shirley Agnew Lewis August 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

It was a great day, thanks Em and you did impress us!

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP