Christmas Run Down - No. 2

>> Tuesday, December 15, 2009

So it must be time for another Christmas run down... but first, just to clarify for Dave's sake...you will find the lyrics fit better to the tradition tune not because it is actually any different but rather because it is slower... So just in case you missed the first one we will sing it from the beginning...

On the Third day of Christmas something I did do:
Sing with my Pa
Bendigo's Christmas Lights
A Pageant with the Kids from Kids Church

On the Forth day of Christmas something I did see:
Come Celebrate:

This has become a Christmas tradition...although this year it came with a very very very nasty surprise.  For 5 and a half years now...well actually maybe not quite that long...i guess depending on...well actually just keep reading.... for the last few years at very least I had what I thought was a fantastic memory of Blackburn carols...come celebrate.  It was a memory of one of the first few times I had met Davo.  He was playing in the Box Hill Big Band and they were playing at the carols.  After the evening, I plucked up lots and lots of courage and went to see Dave.  He was wearing his Salvo T-shirt, Jeans and those crazy blue shoes.  Anyway, after a brief chat with Beas and Mim tonight, it turns out this memory is....WRONG.  It never happened.  The Big Band has never done come celebrate so how could Dave have played in it? Well this little moment of truth has rocked my world.  How could I have a wrong memory??? Seriously how does that even happen? Well let me tell you...it appears that I have confused two memories...Dave playing in a different band at carols without the blue shoes or jeans and another event at Blackburn sound shell where Dave was playing in the big band...it does kind of make sense but it does make me wonder how much more I have made up! 

Sing with my Pa
Bendigo's Christmas Lights
and A Pageant with the Kids from Kids Church

On the Fifth day of Christmas something I did see:
More Christmas Lights:

These weren't just any lights though, they are crazy christmas lights...like intense crazy.  They are in Narracan Street in my old hood of vermont south and well the are just full on...I can't really explain it so just have a look at the photo...


Come Celebrate
Sing with my Pa
Bendigo's Christmas Lights
and A Pageant with the Kids from Kids Church

On the Sixth day of Christmas something I did use:
Conversation Cards:
 
To be honest, conversation cards are not things that I have had much time for in the past.  My opinion was why can't you just think of your own stuff to talk about, I don't think having the questions prescripted was actually going to make things less awkward, in fact I was convinced it would probably make things more awkward.  Anyway, that was until two days ago when Sally from work showed me some that she had got as a Kris Kringle present.  After actually looking at them I changed my mind, I decided they were great and actually went and got some to give as a Kris Kringle present of my own, and do you know what??? They were a hit.  We used them tonight at my Bendigo Cell group break up and it was a lot of fun...There is a freedom with conversation cards, because you aren't answering a nosy question from a friend, but just a card, you can say it like it is and its good!  Never again will I poo poo conversation cards.

More Christmas Lights
Come Celebrate
Sing with my Pa
Bendigo's Christmas Lights
and A Pageant with the Kids from Kids Church

Well there you go, 6 days down, 6 to go....Hope you are enjoying the sing-a-long as much as me!

I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

1 comments:

David George January 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

What are you talking about. I never wore blue shoes and a pony tail. That is such a bad fashion statement. I would never stoop so low.

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP