Christmas Run Down - No. 1

>> Thursday, December 10, 2009

Not surprisingly I am already behind on my blogs for December, so in an attempt to keep the world informed, but not bored, I have decided to do some Christmas run downs. This means that when I forget to blog at the time, instead of giving you the primary school holiday diary in back dated blog after back dated blog, I am going to sum it all up in one blog for a few…just to keep things moving. And I just decided right then, that I am only going to talk about 12 Christmas things…kind of like my very own 12 days of Christmas…maybe I will even try and make it fit the song???

Here goes …. (just sing it, it works trust me)

On the first day of Christmas something I did see…
Was a pageant with kids from kids church:

So this Sunday just gone was the kids church pageant, my last official duty as Kids Church leader. I managed to get through the whole morning without tears…well almost, I did cry a little when I said goodbye to Dusty, Jess and Brad, but they were flying out to the US the next day and I wasn’t going to see them for 6 weeks. The morning went almost smoothly, but it was a lot of fun. Nicely done kids.

On the Second day of Christmas something I did see…
(you have to sing real fast…) Bendigo’s Christmas Lights:

After a lovely dinner at Clogs, Dave, Jana, Sam and I went driving all around Bendigo to see the Christmas lights…and I must say I tip my hat to you Bendigo, job well done! As the trip wasn’t supper planned, we were driving blind…perhaps next year we will have to get the lights map from home hardware which tells you were to go, but it didn’t matter because it seemed that Jana had a 6th sense for Christmas lights, so we weren’t disappointed. Although, being little miss Christmas spirit I like to do lights with blaring Christmas tunes, but I was restricted, by Sam, to playing my favourite one and nothing else…I think Dave was a bit happy Sam put his foot down, my Christmas music can be overwhelming.

And a pageant with kids from kids church.

On the Third day of Christmas something I did do:
Sing with my Pa:

This is something that is becoming a Christmas tradition…well at least I hope it is anyway, its only its second year, but that’s better than one right? Anyway, tonight I was in Melbourne, doing a Christmas carol service for the good people at Hayville, with Pa, Heather (Pa’s singing /gigging friend) and Dave. The night is just a simple night with carols, but what I like the most about it is the fact that I get to sing with Pa. Pa has always sung, and I have always sung, but it was only a couple of years ago that I think we performed together, and I love it. There is just something about it, I guess you would say it’s special. Anyway, the point is I love singing with him…and I hope that there are many more years of singing together to come.

Bendigo’s Christmas lights
And a pageant with kids from kids church.

To be continued…

I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

1 comments:

Dave January 8, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

Good song. Very talented. I was a little bit unsure as to whether to sing the traditional carol or the Relient K version. Please clarify for the next instalement.

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP