Rawards

>> Friday, December 11, 2009

One of the other good things about December, other than summer and Christmas is Rawards.  What is Rawards you might ask?  Well its an interesting, when you look at it at the most basic level it is the Box Hill Salvos Youth Break-up Party, but it is so much more than that!  Its a dance party, its a great feed, its a chance for you to win something, its a fun time to hang out with your mates and most of all its a great chance to dress up. 

Now my friends and I pride ourselves on our Raward costumes and seeing as though it appears I have deprived you of these for my entire blogging history, here is a recap of the costumes thus far....

2005 - TV Logies - Unfortunately I don't have a picture of this one on my computer, but I can tell you it was good.  The team went as the cast of Chris lily's 'We can be Heroes'.  It was our first united front complete with:

Kat as Pat 'I am going to roll around Australia' Mullens
Brad as Phil 'I saved those kids from the jumping castle' Olivetti
Miriam as Ricky 'Supernerd and musical extraordinaire' Wong
Myself as Ja'mie 'I've got hundreds of sponsor kids' King
and Dave, who gets a special mention as he spent the night as both Daniel 'I donated my ear' and Nathan 'I'm a bit deaf' Sims.

2006 - TV Show theme - hence the 5 of us came as Grey's Anatomy, special mention goes out to Brad who was painted black to be just like Burke. (I feel in light of recent events I must also mention that this was not done with any racial intentions...we just needed a burke to go with our more natural Christina)


2007 - Disney - Is there a better Disney team than the Increadibles? Complete with Mr Incredible himself.  This time there is a dishonorable mention to Brad who was conveniently overseas for Rawards this year.  



2008 - Op Shop Formal - and while it was not a team effort there were some very special outfits.


and finally 2009 - Heroes and Villians themed - and I think one of our best efforts yet - the Ninja Turtles.  Complete with green and weapons. Oh and another dishonorable mention to Brad who once again managed to be overseas for Rawards...perhaps he is avoid us and our awesome costumes.


who knows what we will be in 2010!

I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

1 comments:

Dave January 8, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

I really hate dressing up. Yet you still manage to make me go each year. Maybe I'll be overseas this year, it seems to be the only way to get out of these things.

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP