Adventure 1 - Things to do, Places to see

>> Sunday, April 12, 2009

Saturday in Broken Hill was our sight seeing day…. we got see not just the amazing outback, but some other very cool things as well.

We traveled to the a look out,
where you can see nothing but open outback plains to the horizon, which for me was amazing experience, it made me stand in awe not only of this amazing country that I call home, but also how intricately perfect God’s design of nature is, its just so perfect. From there we had a look at the Ghost town made famous by the Mad Max movies which then reminded how futile making things here on earth truly are, coz even when they may have been the best thing since sliced bread at one stage, it doesn’t last.

Going down the daydream mine certainly took me out side of my comfort z
one, it really made me glad that even though the world is stuffed, that I live in this day and age so that I have the opportunity to enjoy a long, safe and happy life rather than the short and miserable lives experienced by many of the working class Australians and migrants back in the day of the daydream mine.

I was able to check out the Pro Hart gallery, which was very cool, it did take me a long time to work out that yes he was the guy that did the ad where he painted straight onto the carpet. The gallery was very interesting, so much so that even Davo enjoyed checking it out.

On Saturday night I watched the sunset over the silhouette of some statues carved from rock, it was so very very very beautiful!

I guess that's all part of the adventure!

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP