I'm a nerd...but I'm published

>> Wednesday, June 3, 2009

So I was at uni for four years…and my course unlike many others…was long and full time, not just arts full time where you get like 12 hours a week, but full time full time, with like 25 contact hours spread across Monday to Friday, full on. And like most uni courses I did lots of projects and essays and put them in the submit box with not much thought, never expecting them to be used for anything other than a pass on my degree.


However, today I went to the launch of a project that used my work…yep my work. Last year, for 6weeks, 3 other Deakin girls and I worked away at making maps which were used as part of a needs assessment project and today that completed project got launched.
As I walked into the launch venue, I looked up to see my maps (and the others’ from Deakin’s team PCP’s) maps on the walls in all their glory! Now I know that’s its pretty dorky…and yes I am a bit of nerd, but I was so excited to see that something that I did as ‘just another assignment’ at uni actually helped something and map a difference. Oh and that I am now published! You have to admit, as nerdy as it is, its pretty cool.


Anyway, I was a bit excited about it so I wanted to share it with the world…check it our for yourself…here’s the link
http://www.oehcsa.infoxchange.net.au/library/public/items/2009/06/284025-upload-00001.pdf

If you want, you can even print it off and I will sign it…just so you know


I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

8 comments:

Tim Crowe August 21, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

Nerds unite and I reckon it's very cool too! Though being a nerd too then I am biased

Stephen Creek August 21, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

very impressive em!!! i think ill need to take u up on the autograph ;)

Kathryn Chapman August 21, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

congrats! that's pretty exciting! :D

Shirley Lewis August 21, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

Well done Em, I am extremely proud of you!

Grace McDonald August 21, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

Wow! How did I not know this had been published? I'm reading it now, thinking, I wrote that! Going on the resume for sure

Judy Shaw August 21, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

That's great Em, well done!! You are a beautiful, clever nerdy star who I love loads!! xo

Judy Shaw August 21, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

oh I forgot to add princess nerdy star :-)

Helen Mason August 21, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

Congrats Em!

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP