Songs of Praise

>> Sunday, June 14, 2009

This morning at the 11am service in Church they did their own rendition of songs of praise, with a few choice people talking about their favourite ‘song of praise’. Anyway one of the choice people was Davo and he talked about the old chorus ‘All that I am’ and it reminded me of how much I love this chorus too. In fact there are probably 3 old songs/hymns whatever you want to call them that I really really love and I thought that I would share with you today my own songs of praise…well just a little bit of each:
All that I am:

All that I am, All I can be,
All that I have, All that is me,
Except and use Lord , as you would choose Lord,
Right now today.

Take every passion, every skill,
Take all my dreams and bend them to your will,
My all I give Lord, for you I’ll live Lord,
Come what may

Oh how he loves you and me:

Oh how he loves you and me,
Oh how he loves you and me,
He gave his life, what more could he give?
Oh how he loves you
Oh how he loves me
Oh how he loves you and me.

I Love you Lord:

I Love you Lord, and I lift my voice
To worship you, oh my soul, rejoice
Take joy, my King, in what you hear,
Let it be a sweet, sweet sound in your ear.
I think the reason I love these songs soooo much is that they help me to put my focus back where it needs to be…they are direct and but gentle…and they remind me of who I am, who I am called to be and how much Jesus loves me. They are words I can keep in my heart for when I need them…


I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP