It's not fair

>> Friday, April 17, 2009

Its funny how one bad thing can taint a reputation forever. It’s not always fair, and sometimes it’s not even correct, but often the damage can take a really long time to repair.

Tonight Davo and I went out for dinner with Darryl and Tania and their beautiful girls to a Turkish restaurant that has had its reputation tainted. The company was awesome, the service was good and quick and most of all the food was fantastic!

Once upon a time this particular Turkish restaurant was ‘the’ place to go for Turkish food, until an unfortunate food safety issue, from which it just never got back on its feet.

It seems such a shame that negative things stick, despite the positives that either happens as a result of the bad stuff or in spite of the bad stuff. It is so hard to be redeemed when the judging is up to us. It is easy to just to hold on to damming evidence and never really look for new information that may shed a new light on the situation and not just for places but also for others. I know that in many western countries people are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, but often once a person is accused that’s enough, they are labeled by their accusation and it is very hard to shake it off even if its not true. I guess thinking about all this stuff just reminds me of how lucky I am that Jesus had died for me, and washed me clean from all the crap that I have been labeled both correctly and incorrectly. I hope that I can remember to give people, and places too a second chance, even when their reputation has been tainted.

Anyway, if you want a good night out check out this Turkish restaurant…it’s called…Alasya @ 555 Sydney Rd, Brunswick or http://www.alasya.com.au/

I guess that's all part of the adventure!

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP