Inspiration

>> Thursday, November 12, 2009


So tonight I went and saw the movie Julie and Julia, with Merryl Streep and Amy Adams, which is just a great movie, and I have come away feeling a little inspired.

The movie is about two women living in separate times who both use food to find themselves...but thats not what really inspired me, what inspired me was Julie's blog...here julie and julia project that was so good it captured the imagination of heaps and heaps and heaps of people.  I loved that here blog actually connected with people, rather than just told them the useless information of her day.

I guess the thing is I don't really write my blog so that people with think I am super cool, or even so that people would read it, but a little bit inside me really hopes that they do, and that they go away from my blog feeling like it was worthwhile...I am not really sure how to do that...but I think at the moment the blog is a bit boring, because I am sure no one really cares about the dinners I have or the places I go...I have been thinking about this a lot recently and I was reminded of the saying:

'No one cares how much you know, until the know how much you care'

Now I know its just a blog, but sometimes I wonder if I give it enough, you know if I am real enough...I mean I don't really want to come on here and poor my heart out all the time, but I would like to feel like I connect with people.  Perhaps I do need to be a little more honest and real, and share a little more...other wise it will just be like reading a grade 5 travel journal...and no one wants that.  Perhaps what I need is a little challenge of my own...I guess the julie and julia thing has already been done, but perhaps I need something else.... a goal, a reason, something to reach for?  The problem is at the moment I am fresh out of ideas...so if you have any...

Oh and before I go...I do need to say a very happy Birthday to Kirsten and Judy!  

I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

1 comments:

Dave December 30, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

Well, i like to eat your food so you can use your inspiration to cook for me. It wouldn't take much to inspire me to eat it.

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP