A Birthday ending in 0...and Cooking Tips with Emma

>> Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So seeing as yesterday was all about mum, it only seems fair that today Dad gets a bit of a spin...and conveniently its also his birthday... but not just any birthday, today is (in the words of Dad himself as CSM) one of those birthdays ending in 0!

So congrats Dad, you made it...with your own hips and everything, in fact almost completely intact, that is of course, except for your hair, but we can't have it all. Anyway, I just wanted to say Happy Birthday, Thanks for everything you have done for me and for helping me to become the person I am today. Oh and especially for everything over the last time, I have really appreciated it. Oh and just one more time... 上日, 快乐!Or for those of you that need pin yin (wink wink, dad) shang ri, kuai le!

On a completely different note...Today I bring to you for the first time (on the internet anyway)...

COOKING TIPS WITH EMMA!

Now this segment is not celebrating me as a masterchief of some kind, because that couldn't be further from the truth, but rather it celebrates some of the things that I have learnt as I try to cook for myself. So here we go...

TIP 1: A Blende
r is not an appropraite substitute for a food processer

Tonight, I thought I would make some of mum's slice to take with me on a dinner date tomorrow night, but as I was preparing it I realised that I didn't have a food processer to crush the biscuits, not really that big a deal, but I also didn't have a rolling pin...so being the ingenius young lady that I am I decided that maybe the blender would work...but it didn't it just made the biscuits stink like burnt...so next time I will know, either by a rolling pin or a food processer, but don't use the blender!

I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

1 comments:

Felicity Williams August 21, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

I used to always use the blender to crush biscuits....just make sure you break the biscuits into 4 or more pieces first and only crush about 5 at a time and it works just fine. That was for marie biscuits though which are reasonably soft compared with butternut snaps or chocolate ripple biscuits.

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP