I'm from the country and I like it that way

>> Friday, May 29, 2009

So tonight, as I do most Friday nights, I trekked back to Melbourne, cruising to the tunes of my iPod… tonight’s selection was a country mix with Taylor Swift, Keith Urban, the Rascal Flatts and Lee Kernaghan, and a few others chucked in there too .

Only tonight instead of coming home to either an empty house, or one or two members of my family, I came home to a party…now don’t panic, it was planned, and I did know about it, I just didn’t think that it would be quite as big as it was…Anyway, as I pulled up to my house I realized must to my annoyance that someone had blocked my car spot with their own car and a few more.

Now I’ll be honest, this annoys me at the best of times, let alone when I am tired after having driven two hours and when every other available park at my own house is taken. So I a drove around wondering were to park I listened to the words of the song playing through my stereo in the background….

Everybody knows everybody
Everybody calls you mate
You don’t need an invitation
Kick off your boots and come on in
Yeah we know how to work and we know how to play

We’re from the Country ho
We’re from the Country hey
We’re from the Country and we like it that way


So in a country brain moment I thought 'stuff it, I am from the country now, I can park wherever I want', so I pulled my car up on to someone garden, got out, shut the door and walked away singing ‘I’m from the country and I like it that way’ to myself with a smile.

I know, I know, I am a bit of a loser...but do you know what???

I'm from the country and I like it that way!

I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP