It's Ladies Night

>> Monday, November 16, 2009

I have recently discovered that I actually really like traditions, I think I like them because they are regular and they normally have some meaning attached to them.  Anyway, tonight I had an Agnew family tradition, one which was started before I was born, but continues on just as good as ever.

Tonight was the Agnew annual Christmas ladies night out, where all the women on my Mum's side of the family go out to dinner to catch up.  The tradition was actually started by my Granddad, as back in the day he used to take out Nana and his 3 daughters, but now, even though both Granddad and Nana are gone, his tradition still lives on.  

I really like the ladies night out because often it's the only time I catch up with my aunties and cousins, something I wish I did more, but just don't.  I also like the fact that even though almost everyone in the group is going completely different directions with their lives, and sometimes its hard to see what any of us have in common, the fact that we are family and that we love and care for each other is enough and the night is always great and normally a good laugh.

This year I am dragging Jess with me... after all it's about time she came, she had been a girl associated with the Agnew family for over 4 years now and she can't avoid it forever.

I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

1 comments:

Bec Agnew January 30, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

What a great tradition!! Go Agnews!!

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP