Shocking

>> Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Being a good salvo girl, the Melbourne Cup Holiday is not really anything more than a nice day off, and even though I don't gamble, I am certainly very grateful that the race stops the nation, because I do like the day off.  Usually at our place Cup Day is when the Christmas Tree goes up, but because I am away and Jake is in the middle of his exams its not happening today. 

However, even though I don't gamble I do like to pick which horse I think will win, normally my choice is based on colour, either the horse colour or the colours the jockey is wearing.  Another thing that might get a horse chosen is its name, I do love a good horse name.  Often these choices give me dud horses that do so terribly its not even worth mentioning. But today, oh today was different.  Today I picked the winner!  Seriously I did, I even have the newspaper with my initials next to it from the quick sweep before the race.  I don't think that I have ever backed the winner before, but I tell you what it feels pretty good, and if it feels this good when I don't actually win anything, I can see why gambling is addictive, perhaps its a good thing I don't gamble.


I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP