ADO = love it

>> Thursday, August 13, 2009

Today and tomorrow I have ADOs…I think that stands for accrued day off…anyway, I get one a month, but this time I have saved two and I am using them together which means I am having myself a little holiday. One that I have been hanging out for, for a long long time. In fact I am really really really super excited about having some time off. Coz here's the thing, I have been working full time for over 3months now...that's about 12-14 weeks...and for the last...well all of my life before this, if you work/do something for that long you get at least one week off, and my body is telling me its time for the semester break! Maybe I am just getting used to this whole full time work thing, but I tell you what, its not all its cracked up to be… in fact it kinda sucks...you just have to keep working and working and working and if you do actually have a break it means you then have to go back and keep working and working and working, until you have done enough hours to get another one.

It probably doesn't help that my weekends fill up too, with all the things I didn't have time to do during the week getting done on Saturday and Sundays being chockers with church stuff. Maybe part of my problem is there is no 24hr Kmart in Castlemaine, and everything else shuts at 5 so I can't do odd jobs and shopping during the week, coz there is only so much you can get from the IGA.

I think when I get a bit older and can pick and choose more, and perhaps have someone else’s income supporting me too, I will work part time…or maybe full time, but split over two jobs. I just don’t think that I was made to be a Mon-Fri 9-5 kinda girl. Or perhaps I could get a job in a profession with lots and lots of paid holidays. I don’t know, but what I do know is…full time is not for me. So for the next two days I am going back to my life of leisure and I am going to love every minute of it.

On a completely different note…my good buddy kitty got back from her massive trip gallivanting around the world today…so I just wanted say welcome home kitty kat, I have missed you stacks!


I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP