Bypassed

>> Wednesday, September 16, 2009

For anyone that knows my family well, it seems that someone is always heading off to china, well today is no different. Tonight Jake heads off to china on his year 11 study tour with school. So because I am a great sister and I don’t get to see him very often I headed out to the airport to see him off, which it turns out isn’t that bad a drive from good old Castlemaine.

Anyway, after I said good bye to Jake I jumped in my car ready to head back to my little house. As I pulled out of the carpark I was thinking about the best way to get back on the Calder and how there must have been a better way to go, rather then heading back into the city and out again, so as I drove out I noticed a sign to Sunbury, which I knew was in the right direction, so I took it and off I went. Little did I know this road look me a back way to Sunbury on a dodgy little road and not to the freeway at all. I did think to myself though as I drove through Sunbury and a couple other little towns that this was much nicer than the boring freeway and that perhaps I had been missing out by just jumping on the Calder. For just a moment I kinda felt like I was in the Disney movie cars and that Sunbury was a bit like radiator springs which had just been bypassed with out a care. I did eventually make it back to the freeway and Castlemaine safe and sound, but it certainly did make me wonder what else I miss. Maybe I will try this new scenic root again some time, although perhaps I will do it during daylight hours and not in the middle of the night.


I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP