Ice Skating

>> Saturday, September 5, 2009

I am not very good at most things athletic…and I am ok with this…sometimes I surprise myself, for example when I ran the Melbourne half marathon last year…who would have thought I would be able to run 21.1km…or the time I was accurately able to resemble a penguin during a basketball game…or even the time I got hit in the head with a baseball bat. Anyway, the point of all this is that today my athletic ability was tested once again, except this time it was tested on ice with sharp (and slightly rusty) blades strapped to my feet. Today I went ice skating with the Griffiths family and Davo.

I have to admit I was a little worried about what would happen when I would try to skate because I am just not very good and it does take me quite a while to warm up and I wasn’t sure how long I would have…the other thing is I am Jamie and Ally’s Sunday school teacher, the look up to me and most of the time think I am pretty cool, what would happen if they learned I couldn’t skate? Luckily for me and my pride though I found my happy place pretty early on in the afternoon, you know that special thought that can help you fly, I mean skate? With my happy place, a few words of advice from a lady in tights and leg warmers and the inspiration of the gracefully old man, I was pretty much amazing…and the best bit was I didn’t fall over. I did come close though, it turns out you should definitely not try and dance to Flow Riders’ song Low while skating on ice with two girls either side of you, coz when you go low things get a little tangled.


I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

1 comments:

dave October 2, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

at least you didn't fall, i was impressed

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP