Gym Junkie

>> Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just before I start...When I heard people say Gym Junkie I liked the alliteration, but it's not really alliteration at all...its a G and J, can you have alliteration with different letters???

Anyway, tonight I went to the Gym...I know shock horror...Emma went to the Gym???? Not only did I go to the gym but I also met with my personal trainer...that's right a personal trainer. And everything went well that was until I did the bench press. So here is the thing, while its only a really small gym attached the hospital, a lot of the footy boys from town use it, with all there muscles and weights and what not and there I am bench pressing 12kg. Now if you never ever do bench pressing, 12kg might sound impressive, but I am telling you its really not. Why you may ask, well just before I got to the machine, here is one of the boys removing 40kg from the bar, 20kg on each side, meaning that he had just been lifting 50kg coz the bar weighs 10kg. So when I go to lift my 12, I have the 10kg bar and these little tiny tiny weights on each side....pathetic, I was so embarrassed, but thats not the worst bit....the worst bit my little tiny 12kgs almost killed me! Hence, I am not sure how long my gym junkie phase will last, or even if it will take off full stop. But at least I have tried...and started

I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP