This one time at band camp…

>> Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Just to clear things up before we go any further, while I am flute player, I have never been on, or wanted to go to a band camp….that was until tonight…well kind of.

It turns out that moving away from home kinda kills your week night social life, but not this week, no, this week I am going out! Well when I say this week, I really just mean that tonight I went out. After work tonight I headed into Bendigo to meet up with Dave’s Mum, Meg, who was on tour with her school’s concert band. I originally thought I was heading out to hear them reherse but it turned out that when I got there they were having the night off, but while the kids had some free time I got to hang out with Meg and it was really lovely. While some of the other staff made comments about what a terrible way to spend my night, and how they could think of much better things to do, I really loved it. There is nothing like a familiar face in an unfamiliar place (oh that rhymed, wow).

While I was there hanging out with them though, I noticed something very odd. The camp that they were staying at was a scout camp and on the wall was a wooden plaque. Now I don’t know if you can see this in the picture or not, but on the plaque it says: “pidgeon peckers…advanced course” If someone could tell me how you do an advaced course in pidgeon peckers I would like to know…but maybe its not something that should be happening at a scout’s camp…I don’t know it just doesn’t seem like some thing little boys should be doing, but maybe that’s just me. But if that’s what they are into, I don’t think that my boys will be scouts.
I guess that's all part of the adventure!

1 comments:

Jodie Lomer June 29, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

..... and then I found $20. Ha! Very funny. You've helped me come to that very important descision that my boys won't be joining the scouts either. Jay.

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP