Sad Saabie

>> Friday, January 29, 2010

This past year has been a year of change, which if you have read even just a few of my blogs you will probably know, however it appears that there is another change on the way. Once again it is something I am not quite ready for, something I don’t really want to have to deal with, but once again it is something I may not actually have that much say in. I am sad to say that I think that the end of my car's life is not too far away.

My car, my saabie, and I have been together almost as long as Dave and I. We first meet in 2005, just after my 18th birthday and just before I got my license. At first I wasn’t sure if we were going to get along, Saabie had a big nose and smelt a little like vomit, which I have to admit didn’t turn me on. However, with the ignition in the centre and the fact that he was given to me (thanks Mum and Dad) we persevered and now we are the best of buddies, well most of the time.

Sure we have had our downs, like the time I smashed his face into the back of someone else’s car, or the time I thought he was out to kill me, given the crazy number of electric shocks I constantly received, or even the time when the remote central locking decided its time was up and I sat in the carpark at uni with both the car and me crying, of course Saabie was much louder, given that his cry was in the form of his car alarm. But there have also been a lot of ups, like Saabies trek to Adelaide with Davo, or up and down from the beach for the last 4 years, or the trips to Ikea because Saabie has the biggest boot in the family.

We have been through a lot together really, Saabie survived my years as a P-plater and now carries me to and from Castlemaine week after week... But I am beginning to fear that Saabie’s life is coming to an end. Recently, its been taking a lot more for Saabie to get up and going each day, and this afternoon, when I stopped at the petrol station he wouldn’t get going again. Now because I am not completely car illiterate I thought that it was probably just a dead battery, which was no biggie, so I rang the RACV and they came and checked him out. Despite the fact that it was a jump start I needed to get going again, the RACV man tells me that my battery is fine, and every thing is charging fine and that he is not sure what it is. Now this along with some other little problems, like the fact that my cruise control is no more are beginning to make me think that over 500kms a week is too much and that perhaps this is the beginning of the end. I am not really ready to safe goodbye, and I can’t really afford a new one. So I guess for now we just ride it out, but perhaps someday soon I will need to say goodbye.

I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

1 comments:

Dave March 2, 2010 at 7:07 PM  

Good memories in that car. Not in a sexual way though. Dirty minded people.

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP