Tennis

>> Sunday, January 24, 2010


There are some super Australian things to do over summer, for example, going to the beach, eating out side, having a BBQ, and if you are a Victorian going to, or at least watching some of the Australian Open tennis. It doesn’t seem to matter whether or not you actually like tennis, you just do it. Take me for instance, the only tennis I ever watch is the Australian Open, and most years I even go to the tennis for the day, much like I did today. I don’t really have any idea what’s going on or who anyone actually is, although I can pull out some names and rankings if I have to, and this year I even have the Australian Open app on my iPhone to help me pull it off just that little bit more convincingly. Normally, I get sucked in by the end, declaring someone my favourite player and another my enemy, I cheer and get excited, make all the right crowd noises and generally have a great time. But the truth is even though I like to go to the tennis and I do get a bit caught up in it all while I am there, the reason I agree to go in the first place is not the tennis at all. The tennis has a great atmosphere, some great shopping at times (not this year though due to the fact that Garnier is no longer a major sponsor…so no freebies from the infamous Garnier tent) but it’s also a great way to get a tan and not get in trouble for sitting in the sun. Although, also being a bit of a paranoid hypochondriac I always slip, slop, slap, unlike like Dave…who now has a nice red and white chestie outline.

I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

1 comments:

Dave February 4, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

It is a singleton tan now but I'm sure it isnt good for my skin. I'll check it out at the doctor soon when I look less like a lobster

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP