Classic Disney

>> Saturday, January 23, 2010

This morning I gave 3D a second chance, this time I allowed it to mess with a classic, giving it an all or nothing ultimatium...and this time the 3D movies proved themselves as worthy in my books.  This morning, Kitty, Ben and I went and saw 2 Disney classics in 3D - Toy Story 1 and Toy Story 2, and they were fantastic.  

This time I wore my regular glasses and to my surprise they fit under the 3D glasses with no dramas at all.  However 3Ds haven't been given the all clear just yet, because there were a number of 'variables' that had changed.  For example:

1. The movie was at 9:50am, not 9:40pm, so I was much more awake
2. I had swaped my contacts for my glasses and....
3. Lets face it, Toy Story isn't really fast pace and there are not really any full on action scenes so its hard to compare the movies. 

All I know is it was very enjoyable this time, and perhaps I was quick to ride off 3D...perhaps it needs some more, as Dave would say, independent research. 

Oh and on a completely different note, I was very fascinated by the fact that in the cinema there were more young adults of similar age to myself, than kids...including a group of boys...who did not on first impression appear to be Toy Story kind of guys...I guess from this I can take two things 1. Kids these days don't appreciate classic Disney and 2. Everyone loves Disney...even if they don't look like they will.   

I guess that's all part of the adventure!

1 comments:

Dave February 4, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

Toy story was made over 10 years whoso anyone under 15 wouldn't have remebered it. I look forward to hearing the results of your independant research.

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP