The Toilet door

>> Sunday, August 30, 2009

I have been going to Box Hill Salvos pretty much since I was born…there were a few years I couldn’t go, mainly coz I was living in America, but for the rest of my life I have been at Box Hill. I have been there so long that it feels like home, I don’t think that there is anywhere I haven’t been in the hall. Everything about it is familiar, and that’s the way I like it. I know the pressure of the taps, which light switch does what, where to get the good cordial from the fridge…everything, even the weight of the doors…or so I thought…

I am not sure when it happened exactly, but a few weeks ago I noticed that there was something different about the toilet door. I couldn’t work out exactly what it was, all I knew was that I couldn’t just run in like I had for the past 22years. It takes more effort to get in there now and I think I have finally worked out why that is.

I think that the door has a new hinge thing at the top… you know the thing that makes the door swing shut? I think it has a new one of those and the new one is stronger than the old one…It makes me work much harder to get into the toilet than the old one did. I am not sure why there is a new one, but I am almost 100% sure that what it is. It’s kinda annoying really, I have a 22 year habit (well maybe 18…but still long enough) of applying just the right about of pressure to that door and all of a sudden its not enough…its really strange and every time it throws me. I know its just door and I should get over it, but 18 years of habit can’t just be wiped. I feel like I need some kind of program to help me adjust. If fact I wonder if I will ever adjust? Is anyone else having problems with the new door? Or was I the only one that noticed? Who was responsible for this change? Why did they have to change the door? Did it break or was it just to throw me off? I need some answers…and perhaps some help.






I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP