It's all relative

>> Thursday, September 24, 2009

One thing I have learnt while living out in the country is that distance and traveling time is all relative. Seriously, if I was in Melbourne and I had to travel half and hour or 45mins to get somewhere I would probably complain about how far away it is…but now that my nearest Kmart, Coles, Big W, Myer etc etc is 40mins away in Bendigo, I don’t really mind…it doesn’t actually seem to take that long. I guess just the fact that it doesn’t feel like it takes that long to get home to Melbourne anymore is another good indicator that I am on country travel time, because even though it takes 2hrs…it certainly doesn’t feel like that anymore.

Anyway, the reason I say this is because tonight, I went to Ballarat for tea, which is a good hour from my house, but it really didn’t bother me at all, in fact I would almost go as far as saying I enjoyed the drive. Why did I drive all the way to Ballarat? Well I wanted to catch up and have dinner with my friend Flic, who lives there now. It was actually really nice just to catch with her, and even though I had traveled what seems like a long way it really just felt like a normal drive, as if I was just going round the corner or to the next suburb over in Melbourne. I know it seems strange, but its true…distance is all relative when you are in the country.

Oh and while I was at flic’s place I did get a little bit of house envy…coz she moved to the country too, but her house has like 5 separate rooms…unlike mine which just has the one.

I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP