Spring Clean

>> Monday, September 28, 2009

So I realise that it almost the end of September (in fact it will probably almost the end of october by the time this blog goes up) but tonight I did a big spring clean and it felt soooooo good. In fact I would almost go as far as saying it is something I would like…well maybe just should do more regularly. But while I was cleaning I also did something else…something that I have never done before by choice. Tonight because I knew I had a lot to do, I turned the TV off.

Now before you say oh big deal, and stop reading this is a big thing for me. I am one of those people that likes noise, I don’t really like being by myself, and so when I am I like background noise so I don’t notice that there isn’t anyone else around. However, because my house is only one room if the TV is on it’s never really just in the background, so be a distractible person as well, I get distracted and have often wasted my whole night watching programs I don’t even like. So tonight, as a start of something new I turned off the box, put some music on (because you can’t have nothing) did my spring cleaning and then got stuck into my list of tasks.

What surprised me the most though, was that I actually really liked it with out the TV on, and I felt like I had actually achieved a lot more that I normally would. In fact I would even go as far as to say I was proud of the fact that I could turn it off and I would like to think that in the future I will just turn the telly off rather than just watching it for the sake of it.



I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP