Fitting in

>> Thursday, October 8, 2009

I have been in my new job now for about 5ish months and this afternoon as I went out with some of my mates from work to say farewell to our speech pathologist, lucie, it dawned on me just how comfortable I had become with these new people in my life. Now don’t get me wrong, its not as if I have been sitting at work thinking about not having friends, because I have felt welcome here from the very start but it just dawned on me as we sat out the back at Saffs that these people felt like friends, they weren’t just the people that I work with anymore.


For someone like me, who has spent their life floating between friendship groups, especially through those outside my church buddies, and never really feeling like you fitted in 100%, it was a really nice moment. I felt comfortable and accepted and for once all I had done was be myself.


Back when I first got the job in Castlemaine an amazing man of God by the name of Major Parker gave me a scripture verse to take with me on my journey and verse said…


Mark 6:10-11 “Whenever you enter a house, stay there until you leave that town. And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them."


I guess at the time I took it to mean that if the town and work place is inviting and welcoming I should stay, but if it wasn’t, I shouldn’t fret or panic, just pick up my stuff and leave…which now that I have just typed it, I still think it means that, so I am not really sure why I wrote ‘at the time’…anyway…I think what I am trying to say is that I feel like today was just another confirmation that I have made the right decision, that I am doing the right thing, because as tough as it has been at times, I know I am in the right place and I am at peace. I have made the right choice, I have been welcomed with open arms, not just by my friends at work, but also by those in the community and it’s good. I think I have grown a whole heap since being up here, sure some bits still suck, but I know its just a season and that the goods out weigh the bads.


I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

1 comments:

Christopher Lewis October 28, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

Em, a really good blog. Proud of your thinking and attitude.

Christopher Lewis

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP