On Stage

>> Saturday, October 17, 2009


Once again I have been back to the theater tonight, this time to see Jersey Boys again, and it was just as awesome the second time…in fact probably better, oh, except for the fact that I had to sit by myself.  However, before the show I got to do something really really exciting...

Before the show Dave asked me to help him carry his stuff down to the pit. So we had to go through the stage door and down to the pit. I really like doing things like that, and because I am a bit of a loser I even wore Dave’s tenor across my back like a real saxophone player just so I would feel the part as well.  But this wasn’t the exciting bit because I had done this before last time Davo played. The exciting bit was after Dave had finished setting up he told me he just want to check out one more thing before we left and that I just needed to follow him. Little did I know we were headed towards the stage and up on to bridge that Dave played on.  So before I knew it, I was standing on the stage of the Princess theater with the lights shining down on me…it was really really really cool.  It rekindled the little flame I have burning that desperately wants to do some kind of theater…it was really cool.  At the time I was so super nervous because I didn't think I was supposed to be there…but once we were outside I was sooo excited, it seriously was one of the coolest things I have done in a long time…thanks Dave.

Oh and what topped the evening off was that after the show I was waiting outside the stage door for Dave to come out (a little further back from the psycho middle-aged women who were throwing themselves at the performers as the came out the door, not amongst them like last time) when Dave called and said he needed help with the instruments again and could I come down...so of course I responded with a 'how?' and he told me just smile go through the stage door sign in and come down...so that’s what I did, I walked around the security fence thing, smiled at the security guard and walked straight in...that felt pretty cool, I tell you what. It didn't make the 'women' very happy though.

Oh and one more thing....I also got to go on a double date tonight…I must admit I acted a bit of a fool, but I don’t care, I don’t know why I was so excited I hang out with other couples all the time, but this was different…

I guess that's just all part of the adventure!

2 comments:

alicia October 30, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

love it em - had no idea dave was playing at jersey boys, i'm keen to go see it, we should organise a girls thing :-)

Em October 30, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

We certainly should...and if we can a night Davo is on...it would such a lovely evening :)

eXTReMe Tracker

View My Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP